Monday, April 23, 2007

Pre-Testing for surgery today

I meet with Dr. Moore today, my orthopaedic surgeon. He is going to perform my open biopsy surgery next monday at Deaconess. My biopsy the week before last showed no definate signs of cancer, which was great news!

But the doctors are now saying that they still haven't solved the problem of what is going on in my hip. All the scans and previous biopsy show some abnormality & activity, but they don't know what it is yet. Dr. Browning, my oncologist, wants proof that it isn't cancer, just to be on the safe side.

So I'm back in surgery again! This will be regular surgery where they knock me out, the last biopsy I was awake the whole time & it wasn't a big deal compared to all my other surgeries.
Hopefully the surgery next monday will give proof that I have no active cancer! Hopefully, whatever is wrong with my hip is just some side effect of the radiation or something.
Let's keep our hopes up! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mallory,
As always, my hopes and prayers are with you.

From Taiwan,
Fred