Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mark & the boys all went with me...

to my oncology appointment to see Dr. Browning yesterday. It was so nice of Mark to take off work early just to go with me. Dr. Browning explained the PET scan results to us, said it all looked good. I am 15 months out of chemo & 14 months out of radiation treatment now and he said that teh first 24 months are the riskiest time for the cancer to come back. He said if I can make it through another 12 months, then he will declare me cured! So let's hope the next 12 months of scans all come back clear too.
I am still having intestinal problems & pain on a daily basis, so he is sending me for another colonoscopy on wednesday (if I can find someone to run my daycare that day). He said the PET scan only shows the outside, not the inside of my intestines, so he wants to make sure the insides are clear of cancer now too.
Dr. Browning said the intestinal problems could also be neuropathy related from the chemo, which as we know, ABVD chemo can cause some neuro problems. As most of you know I still struggle with memory issues.
But all else is fine & I am doing great compared to a year ago! :)
My hair is almost 6" long now & looks normal again, it's so nice not to be starred at when I go out in public anymore from being bald. :)

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

What wonderful news. Here's to a successful year getting to that definitive state of "cured."