Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Moving on

Well, it's been 8 months since my last chemo and 7 months since my last radiation. My hair is growing back and looks normal again, I am feeling good and have energy and strength again. Things are really looking up and we are moving on! :)
I am enjoying my jobs very much. They also keep me SUPER busy though.
Just last week, I logged 18 hours doing my clerk-treasurer job, 27 doing my utility clerk job plus my regular 46 hours of childcare. Most of these hours overlap, except alot of the utility work I tend to do in the evenings after everyone goes to bed, it is quiet then so I can concentrate. :)
I think jumping right into work with both feet is what has really helped me overcome everything. Plus we needed the extra money since Mark had gotten his permanent lay off notice from Toyota this spring. He is doing much better though. He went back into the bodyshop business and is so much happier. I really thank God and hope things continue to improve. I am SO grateful for what we have.

1 comment:

pilgrimchick said...

It sounds like you're busy and things are definitely looking up. Working a lot makes you feel useful, and I am sure after being sick so long to be able literally to do is a blessing in and of itself.