Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I am getting Deported Aug. 20th!!!!

Yep, you heard it right! De-ported! I will have my port-a-Cath taken out of my chest on Monday, August 20th! So, you know what that means............

I am cancer free !!!!!!!!!!!

In case you don't know, that is always a huge moment for cancer patients; when the surgeon finally takes out your port, that means they consider you in remission & cancer free! Goodbye port, it is such an eyesore, very itchy, pokes out a good 1/2 inch, hurts wearing a seat belt because it rubs on it, people stare at it and its just miserable, so goodbye and good riddance! :)

Praise the Lord! I prayed so hard my eyes were sore from closing them so tight & straining.

I met with Dr. Browning to get the results of my PET scan yesterday and it showed NO EVIDENCE of abnormalities or cancerous cells. Even the spot in my right hip that lit up to a 13 in March and gave everyone, including me, such a scare, has disappeared! Isn't that awesome.

Doctor says I can officially get on with my life now, the dark cloud is gone and the cancer monster is not on my shoulder anymore! Hallelujah! Thank God, Thank God, Thank God for everything in my life, I am extremely relieved and feel like a new person.

I can finally make plans for my future, knowing that I will most likely have a future now! I am so grateful to God that I have a beautiful, wonderful, life to live. I don't take anything for granted and I am ready to move on and make plans, knowing that I finally can. No more chemo monster, no more 'not knowing', no more chemo crap! Cancer can just suck my big chemo bag and die! Yep, that's how I feel.

LIFE----- HERE I COME!

2 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

Congrats--really, that must be one very incredible moment for you, and I only wish that in some way I could understand it better than my being outside of any experience similar to it in my own life. I hope you make big plans for yourself--all kinds of them, too, if only to make them and know they are now possibilities.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the latest news! I've been reading your blog when I'm able to get online which is rare these days since my remission good news a few months ago. However, I was happy to read your latest news! REMISSION! It's a good feeling to get on with life, isn't it :-) You've been through so much and I wish you and your family the very best. Congratulations again!

Annelisa