Tuesday, May 01, 2007

HOME FROM HOSPITAL

The surgery went ok. I'm sore but not as bad as I thought I would be so that is a blessing! Dr. Spohr put me under anesthesia, had a tube down my throat and put me on a special hip fracture table where my right leg could be elevated and I could be on my side when Dr. Gary Moore, my orthopedic surgeon, drilled into my femur & trochanter. Here's an xray he gave me when he had the rod in my bone.
I have stitches that will come out next week and alot of bruising but other than that it's ok. No big deal compared to the pain I've been thru before. :)
Here's some pictures of my 'sexy leg' ha ha. This whole cancer deal is just one ugly makeover after another. Won't I be attractive this summer in shorts! :)

I won't know the results until thursday when I meet with my oncologist, Dr. Browning.

Thanks for everyone's concern, emails & cards, I really appreciate it so much. I need all the encouragement I can get right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you hun!
Hugs,Nikki