Thursday, July 19, 2007

Haven't posted in awhile, been so busy :)

I know I haven't posted anything in awhile. I think I am a little in denial. As you know from my previous scans and trip to Indy Cancer Center, I have activity in my right hip bone now. I am due for another scan to see how much it has spread. Just don't wanna go!
I haven't heard from my local oncologist, Dr. Browning, and I haven't made much of an effort to contact him to schedule the scan because, well.... I just don't want to hear what they are going to say.
Things are going pretty well in our lives now and I want it to stay that way. The pain in my hip continues to worsen. I am taking pain medicine on a regular basis now to deal with it. My fatigue levels are starting to increase once again. The good news is my hives have finally dissappeared for the moment.
I am staying very busy with my careers. My daycare is going well, I just took all the kiddos to the Children's Museum yesterday and we had a blast! My Clerk-Treasurer job is still keeping me busy, it has become easier now that I have been doing it a few months. It is alot of hard work & a bit stressful, but I enjoy it.

My newest job is Utility Clerk for Darmstadt, I was just hired into that position 3 weeks ago. We moved all the equipment into my house and have it all set up. It is going well so far. I really like talking to the residents when they call & solving problems. There are so many nice people in our town. Most of them have told me how happy they are I've taken this position. I've received many compliments on my work, how I stay on top of things and get things solved right away, so that makes me feel great! I've even received many thank yous from the residents.

Between my 3 jobs, the kids, the house, the cancer, the medical bills, planning Mark's 40th birthday party, both boys starting school in 3 weeks & trying to keep up with the yard work, I stay pretty busy now. Whew!

Mark likes his new job, he had lost his job at Toyota a few months ago. We struggled (again) for a couple months on unemployment until he decided to go back into the auto body business. A couple of the local body shops called him when they heard he was available. He has such a great reputation in town as being the best, and they knew it and wanted him. So that made Mark feel really good that the body shops were fighting over him!
Anyway, he chose the D-Patrick East side body shop. They treat him very well there. They have good pay, good insurance & benefits so Mark likes it. He is already 'top dog' there in the shop. He also still continues to do body work at home too. I bet he has about 2 cars each weekend he does outside in his garage. Everyone knows he's the best and they can usually save their deductible by having him fix them. So that's good.

Today is my little sister's 28th Birthday! Happy Birthday Sterling! I love you! Mark, my hubby, will be 40 on August 30th, I am planning a party for him on August 18th! I will be sending invites out soon. I want all our friends & family to attend, so if I don't have your address, please email it to me! :)
I'll post again when I hear some news from the doctors. God Bless everyone, hope your all having a fantastic summer! :)

No comments: